Bob Marley may be dead but his bank account is still very much alive and growing by the day.
The legendary singer who revolutionized Reggae music and gave it an international face and voice is still inspiring the younger generation with his evergreen music. And this is translating into millions of Dollars annually.
David Bakula, Nielsen’s Senior VP of Insight and Analytics says that, the physical barriers have been removed and as long as a person still thinks of an artist, you will still play their music without any friction.
Forbes Magazine put together a list of the 13 Top Earning Celebrities in 2019 and Bob Marley came in at number 5.
According to Forbes, the annual list measures pretax income from October 1, 2018 to October 1, 2019. The numbers are compiled with the help of data from Nielsen Music, IMDBPro and interviews with industry insiders. The Fees for agents, managers and lawyers are not deducted.
13. George Harrison: $9 million
12. Whitney Houston: $9.5 million
11. Xxxtentacion: $10 million
10. Nipsey Hussle: $11 million
9. Prince: $12 million
8. Marilyn Monroe: $13 million
7. John Lennon: $14 million
6. Dr. Seuss: $19 million
5. Bob Marley: $20 million
4. Arnold Palmer: $30 million
3. Charles Schulz: $38 million
2. Elvis Presley: $39 million
1. Michael Jackson: $60 million